Smart Tips to Promote Business on Social Media
Don’t just create a campaign for social media, try to make the best out of it. Social Media is a huge online platform which connects the whole world. As the whole world is connected, chances are high to convert a huge amount of traffic to your website.
Today, I want to cover some new updates on social networks. Furthermore, I will also provide some fruitful tips that you can apply to your social media strategy. Before creating any social media marketing strategy, you must have these points on your radar to get the most out of social media marketing that helps businesses to grow faster and improve conversion rates.
Common Social Media Marketing Tips
1- Come out with a SMART goal
SMART denotes Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-based. Needless to mention whatever you are going to do, it must be done keeping in mind a specific objective. Similarly, when you are planning to capture your audience on social media, you must have to set up a specific objective that will become the foundation of your social presence.
2- Update your social media profiles
As you are going to engage your audience with your business, so, don’t forget to update all your social media profiles. The reason is obvious. If you want them to engage with you, let them know what you are. When they find you reliable, they will want to hear from you.
3- Research & learn about your audience
Always remember that each is of a different nature. Before posting any content on Social Media, try to explore your audience. Try to understand what it wants and what it is looking for. Observe their behavior carefully.
4- Do cross-promotion of your social media profiles
Don’t forget to add links from one social profile to others. Linking one social media profile with others is known as cross-promotion. For example, Google+ allows you to add links from other social media profiles like YouTube on to its platform. Similarly, you can link Facebook with Instagram, Twitter, Whatsapp, and Snapchat profiles. YouTube channel allows you to add links for Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ links. Linking social media profiles with each other will increase chances to improve rankings in organic search results.
5- Add your social profiles in your email signature
There are some applications like WiseStamp or simple text links that you may use to add your social profiles in your email signature. Whenever you send an email to your client, your social media links will automatically be shared with it, thereby, getting a chance to attract more traffic.
6- Run Contests
Engage your audience with some exciting contests on social media. You can use many tools like Rafflecopter, Shortstack, Gleam, Wishpond, Woobox, Agorapulse, etc. to create an outstanding giveaway or sweepstakes.
I recommend you to set the contest up and thereby, you’ll get mind-blowing results. It allows your audience to get extra entries for sharing the contest or completing similar tasks like “Pin on Pinterest”, or “Share on Facebook”. You can also give them a unique link to share for extra entries.
7- Don’t sell, just help
Connect in a genuine way with your audience. Don’t force them to buy from you. Just let them know how helpful your product is for them, or why should they consider your product? If your reason is genuine, they will definitely get engaged with your business.
8- Consider the latest trends
Do you stay ahead of the curb? If not, then you’ll be out of the market very soon. An audience wants to listen to such things that are of current trends. Make a habit to observe current statistics for the social platforms you use.
For example, some latest trends of social media platforms are-
- Live video content
- Instagram Stories
- Pinterest Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Viral videos
- Virtual Reality
Tips Based On Each Social Media Platform
Pinterest Marketing Tips
- When you are going to create your brand account on Pinterest, make sure you are signing up business Pinterest Account.
- Don’t forget to enable the pin button on your website. Social Warfare is the best way to integrate your web through social media platforms.
- Each pin should be attractive enough to engage your customers. We recommend you to create pins of vertical size. For example, 800*2000.
- Post 10-15 pins every day. Tailwind maybe the best option for post scheduling on Pinterest.
- Do proper keyword research and make your pinboard according to your target keywords. Further, create a professional cover photo for your pinboard. Try Canva to create your pinboard cover.
- Include a relevant keyword into your Pinterest profile name. It will increase your Pinterest SEO.
- Enable rich pins. These are organic pins format that shows extra information regarding the particular pin.
- If you are using a scheduled post, don’t forget to repin manually. This can be proved good in your Pinterest activities.
- Pinterest Algorithms read image-text. That’s why try to give an effective heading that describes your topic well. Further, using keyword inside your image-text will be beneficial for your Pinterest account.
- Don’t get involved in following and unfollowing accounts frequently. Otherwise, your account will be flagged by Pinterest. Try to follow a few big accounts only that are related to your niche.
Instagram Marketing Tips
- In order to market your brand on Instagram and to see proper insights regarding your followers, you need to set up an Instagram Business Account first.
- Include an attractive profile picture and a compelling bio. It should be such which tells everyone about your brand uniqueness.
- Follow hashtags that are relevant to your niche. Don’t overcrowd your account with such hashtags that are not related to your brand.
- Urge your audience gently to buy using product teaser posts. These are a simple way to talk about your product. They help in increasing excitement without looking like you’re trying to push your sale.
- Run multiple posts for different segments of your audience simultaneously. It will result in more engagement.
- Start your own DM group or you may join other popular DM groups to gain huge account followings.
- You may opt for one-to-one engagements with your competitors and other influencers.
- Influencer marketing is the best option for attracting quality leads.
- Create sponsored ads and control the amount you want to spend through setting an ad budget.
- Use Instagram Stories to generate leads. Since they come in a “slideshow” format, they are different from regular posts. Experiment with different types of content to create Instagram Stories such as photos, videos, or Boomerangs.
- Observe your own followers’ Instagram habits. Take help from the Insights feature of your Instagram Business account. Identify when your followers are most active. Ensure your posts are continuing to appear at the top of their Instagram feeds.
- When you are planning to run campaigns, Instagram Video Formats can be the better option. Instagram provides you with three video formats to create Instagram ads:
– Single video ads up to 60 seconds.
– Instagram Stories
- The research has revealed the fact that GIFs are shared more than either JPEG or PNG formats. Using GIFs can save your time and give you cost advantage.
- Cross promote your relevant posts on some other social channels.
Facebook Marketing Tips
- Categorize your business in the right category. Categories include local business, company or organization, brand or product, artist, band or public figure, entertainment, cause or community. Select that suits best for your business.
- Grab a vanity URL. It is a customized URL that you can set for your brand. Keep it short and easy to remember.
- Avoid low-quality or unoptimized images.
- Choose CTA that defines your audience clearly what to do next.
- You may also customize your Facebook tabs. You may use them as your another CTA.
- Follow “70-20-10” rule to create your optimized content. This rule says that you should post the original content approx 70% of the time. Further, you should post 20% of the time such content that is relevant to your followers’ interest. Finally, you should go ahead with your promotional content up to 10% of the time.
- Facebook Page Insights can give you a better understanding regarding your metrics to find trends in engagement so that you know what content is succeeding.
- Don’t forget to promote your page outside of Facebook to improve engagement on your Facebook page.
- Again, partnering with the key influencers will give you the best out of your brand marketing.
Twitter Marketing Tips
- Pick such a Twitter handle which is recognizable and easy-to-remember. It should be short enough for people to easily tag you.
- It is consistency that matters most because it is the major factor in building trust among the audience. Try to keep your names consistent across all social media platforms.
- Create a killer one bio which should be effective and compelling that showcase your brand’s personality.
- “Buffer says that tweets posted on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday have higher CTR than those posted during other days of the week.” The reason why I am telling you this is that you can’t avoid the right timing to do tweet. Analyze the peak hours of your audience and then tweet.
- Don’t overuse hashtags. Use only those which are really important.
- Use Advanced searches option. It allows you to put new leads right in front of you. Reach out to those people. Let them know how you can help them out.
- Polling is another way you may use to interact with your followers. It allows you to do market research and getting feedback from them.
- Test your headlines on Twitter using A/B testing. It is a great idea to know about the engaging headlines for your blog.
Linkedin Marketing Tips
- Always remember it is a platform for B2B professionals. Make a solid first impression which starts with your name and your headline. Let people know who you are by creating an impressive portfolio of your business. Make headline using specific keywords related to your career, position, skill set, company, etc.
- After updating everything on your professional profile, set up a company page and update each information properly.
- Whenever a person hovers over your company name throughout LinkedIn, maybe on professional profiles, in the tagged mentions of your company, or in the company news feed when people are following your company’s updates; the basic information about your company will show up to them.
- Looking to hire talents for your organization? Create a robust careers section for your company page consisting of a banner image that clicks through to your website, YouTube videos, and job listings.
- Have more exposure for your brand using LinkedIn Advertising.
- Make use of a variety of plugins that Linked offers to connect LinkedIn to your website such as Linked Share Button, Recommendation Buton, etc.
Google+ Marketing Tips
- Just like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest are major social media platforms, similarly, Google+ has also its worth in Social World. You can’t overlook it.
- Set up a business page for your Google+ profile. Having a verified Google + name denotes that you have an official identity and you are not fake.
- Make use of such a tagline in Google+ which is not vague. It must be such which defines your business.
- Explore “What’s Hot” section and see what’s trending.
- Give your followers a personal touch by following them back.
- Respond to the questions of your followers, ask questions from them, etc. In this way, you can engage them in the business of yours better.
- Don’t push your products here as this is not an advertising platform. Try to bring value to your followers and engage with them.
- Segment your followers using “circles”. Sort them by different customer types or in any other manner.
- Add the Google+ author tag to search pages. It allows you to show a picture next to your search result.
- Use Google +1 Button to your Website.
Social Media Marketing Tips Based On Tools
So far you have learned about social media marketing tips. Now it’s time to know about some of the social media marketing tools that help you in managing your social media platforms. Have a look below-
Post Scheduling- For a Pinterest account, you may try Tailwindapp.com.
Congratulation! You have learned the best Social Media Marketing that may lead high conversions for your website. Apply all the tricks and make the best out of your social media performance.